Saturday, September 1, 2012

Animals in Western Nebraska


Here are some pictures of some of the animals we saw when we were in Western Nebraska. I took the top picture when we were driving through Lodgepole and we saw a field with at least 30 horses in all different colors. My parents had to stop and let me visit them and take some pictures - a definite highlight of our trip :) The next two are pictures of some cute, feral tabby kittens we saw near where we were staying. There was a mom and five babies. The last picture is a baby horned toad we found on a hike. I can't believe my brother found this one because it was so tiny, they blend in perfectly with the rock, and the sun was starting to set!

"I think I could turn and live with animals, they are so placid and self-contained. I stand and look at them long and long."  -Walt Whitman

No comments:

Post a Comment