Thursday, February 14, 2013

Chocolate-covered Raspberry Coconut Treats


I made these little treats as Valentine's gifts for my family. I like how they turned out, so I thought I'd share some pics and the recipe. Enjoy, and Happy Valentine's Day!

Ingredients (makes about a dozen)

  • 1 cup shredded coconut
  • 1 Tbsp. honey
  • 1/4 cup raspberries, mashed
  • 1 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
  • chocolate (I used 2 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate + 1/2 cup of bittersweet chocolate chips)
  • sea salt (optional)
Mix all ingredients except for the chocolate and form into balls. Freeze the coconut balls until the chocolate is ready to help them set. Melt the chocolate, and dip the balls in it, rolling them around until coated. Place the chocolate-covered balls on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper. While the chocolate is still soft, sprinkle with pink sea salt if desired. Put the treats in the fridge or freezer until the chocolate is set, and then keep refrigerated until you are ready to eat them. Enjoy :)

----These are grain-free, dairy-free, processed sugar-free, and primal/paleo friendly---

No comments:

Post a Comment