Sunday, May 13, 2012

Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins and Shell-potted Succulents

Happy Mother's Day! I have a great recipe and a fun craft/gardening project to share today. 



I made mini gluten-free and paleo lemon poppy seed muffins with berries on the side for my mom for breakfast this morning. They were delicious! I got the recipe from Elana's Pantry (she has a lot of yummy gluten-free and paleo recipes, and I haven't been disappointed with a recipe yet). Here's the link: http://www.elanaspantry.com/lemon-poppy-seed-muffins/ 


I made this trio of shell-potted succulents as a Mother's Day present. They were really simple, and I love the way they turned out.
Materials
- succulents
- shells
- potting soil
- a cork
- hot glue
When selecting your shells try to find large ones with a big hole you can plant your succulent in. As far as succulents go, the smaller the better so that they can easily fit. Before you plant your succulent, slice a thin circle of cork, and use a hot glue gun to attach it to your shell so that it balances on its own. Then just plant your succulent in the shell as if the shell were a pot. Succulents need bright sunlight and infrequent waterings.

No comments:

Post a Comment